By completing a form accessible through the Bytowne website and making payment; or by being aware of the fact that your spouse completed a form accessible through the Bytowne website, provided your name within the form, and made payment; or by booking a consultation or a service with a lawyer, notary public, or commissioner of oaths, whether or not by video conference, directly or indirectly through the Bytowne website, you agree as follows:
1. You retain Afolabi Business Law Professional Corporation (ABLPC) to act for you only regarding the service selection you or your spouse made, with a service selection being one of the actions set out directly above.
2. The dollar amount set out on a form, or on a web page, or communicated to you by a lawyer, notary public, or commissioner of oaths, is the fee due to ABLPC for that service selection.
3. For greater certainty, your use of Bytowne constitutes the use of an "unbundled legal service" - in which a specific part of your overall matter, such as just a separation agreement but not the negotiation of its terms or the divorce that may follow it, is handled by ABLPC - and as such ABLPC is not your legal representative regarding matters not explicitly indicated as being part of the service selection you or your spouse made, such as matters that include but are not limited to any request you seek to make to an Ontario court for any order, or any decision by you to litigate any issue.
4. Any reference to "divorce papers" on the Bytowne website is exhaustively a reference to Ontario family law court forms 8A, 25, and 36.
5. The usage of the notarial services of ABLPC is subject to a cost separate from the cost of document creation.
6. If, considering your actual circumstance, and considering the instructions on the Bytowne website, you or your spouse make the wrong service selection prior to filling a form and making payment on the Bytowne website, you, and your spouse as applicable, are exclusively and exhaustively responsible for any resulting outcome as well as any resulting liability.
7. You will provide ABLPC with all information ABLPC deems required or useful with regard to the service selection you or your spouse made.
8. You agree that the time frame for the completion of the service selection you or your spouse made may come to depend on factors that you or ABLPC may not be able to control.
9. You agree that ABLPC, in undertaking the service selection you or your spouse made, cannot give and is not giving you a guarantee of any one of your desired outcomes.
10. If you wish to verbally consult with a lawyer, the applicable hourly fee rate, billed in 15 minute increments, will be $300.
11. The hourly fee rate may be billed as applicable in its entirety, or in part, at the sole discretion of ABLPC.
13. Harmonized Sales Tax will be added to all fees.
14. Should you wish to terminate the service selection you or your spouse made prior to completion, you may do so but there will be no refund owing to you as the service selection you or your spouse made will have commenced, or will have been fully performed, prior to any such termination request.
15. Should ABLPC wish to terminate the service selection you or your spouse made prior to completion, ABLPC may at its own discretion do so and issue you a full or partial refund.
17. As may be applicable, the interests of you and your spouse as they pertain to the retention of ABLPC cannot be divergent since ABLPC must maintain undivided loyalty between you and your spouse.
18. As may be applicable, you and your spouse are singularly and jointly responsible for any and all fees charged by ABLPC.
20. You give ABLPC the power to use its judgment, without consulting you, in placing clauses it considers to be appropriate within documents related to or emanating from the service selection you or your spouse made, and you hold ABLPC harmless in doing so.
21. You will sign all documents that ABLPC indicates you should sign with regard to the service selection you or your spouse made, and you hold ABLPC harmless if you refrain from so doing.
26. ABLPC will hold any information provided by you in the strictest confidence, and may securely store that information electronically, including in equipment made available by cloud service providers.
27. Despite clause 26 above, you understand that cloud storage, as well as communication with ABLPC by electronic means, possesses some risk, however minimal, of unauthorized disclosure or interception in transit.
30. You hereby indemnify ABLPC with regard to any liability, expense, or cost arising from or connected to any claim by any third party in relation to the provision of the service selection you or your spouse made.